FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7TH & SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8TH (7 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (16-6-1-0, 33 PTS) vs. Reading Royals (8-7-2-4, 22 PTS)
The Newfoundland Growlers continue their six-game December homestand with a pair of weekend games against the Reading Royals, ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers. The Growlers are a perfect 3-0 against the Royals this season.
Friday night is the annual NTV Teddy Toss. Fans are encouraged to bring a new teddy bear to throw on the ice during the second period in support of the Salvation Army.
Three third period goals propelled the Newfoundland Growlers to a commanding 5-2 win over the Canadian rival Brampton Beast Sunday afternoon at Mile One Centre. Sam Babintsev, J.J. Piccinich, Brady Ferguson, Evan Neugold and Scott Pooley supplied the offense for the Growlers. Aaron Luchuk and Nathan Todd scored for Brampton. Michael Garteig was sensational making 35 saves.
Dec. 6: D Stefan LeBlanc recalled to Toronto (AHL). Dec. 5: D Cody Smith released.
- The Growlers are on a six-game home winning streak
- Scott Pooley was named the Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 26-Dec. 2. Pooley had four goals and an assist last weekend against Brampton.
- Michael Garteig was named the Warrior/ECHL Goaltender of the Month for the month of November. Garteig went 6-1-1 with two shutouts in eight apperances between the pipes, sporting a 2.25 goals-against average and a .932 save percentage.
- The Royals have a point in nine of 10 road games this season (6-1-0-3)
- Michael Hunterbrinker has points in 16 of 17 games this season
- Steven Swavely leads the Royals in points with 22 and is sporting a nine-game point streak
November 17th – 5-2 Newfoundland Growlers
The Newfoundland Growlers received offense from five different players as they defeated the Reading Royals 5-2 at the Santander Arena in Reading, PA. Hudson Elynuik, Ryan Moore, Todd Skirving, Zach O’Brien and Sam Babintsev tallied for the Growlers. Mario Culina was sensational making 40 saves, improving to 3-0 this season.