FRIDAY, JANUARY 11 & SATURDAY, JANUARY 12 (7 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (23-11-1-0, 47 PTS) vs. Adirondack Thunder (20-10-3-2, 45 PTS)
WATCH: Rogers TV, ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers wrap up their January homestand with a pair of weekend games against the Adirondack Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. The Growlers have had trouble against the Thunder this season, going 1-3 through the first four matchups.
Zach O’Brien and Marcus Power both had three-point nights as the Newfoundland Growlers sunk the Maine Mariners 5-4 Wednesday at Mile One Centre completing the mid-week sweep. Matt Bradley scored the first penalty shot goal in franchise history, and Derian Plouffe chipped in with his second goal in as many nights to round out the Growlers offense. Jason Salvaggio and Ty Ronning had multi-point nights for the Mariners. Brad Barone made 21 saves in the win, picking up his first win as a Growler.
Jan. 8: F Ryan Moore recalled to Toronto (AHL)
- The Growlers have won three straight games
- Matt Bradley recorded his first pro Gordie Howe Hat Trick Wednesday night against the Mariners
- Zach O’Brien has five goals in the last three games
- The Thunder have points in nine of the last 10 games (7-1-2-0)
- Matt Salhany has four points in the last four games
- Matias Cleland is on a four-game point streak registering eight assists
December 31st, 2018 – 3-0 Adirondack Thunder
Dylan Walchuk had a pair of goals and Alex Sakellaropoulos stopped all 19 shots he faced as the Adirondack Thunder blanked the Newfoundland Growlers 3-0 on New Year’s Eve at the Cool Insuring Arena in Glens Falls, New York. Jake Linhart had the other Thunder tally in a chippy game that saw the Growlers record 48 penalty minutes. Michael Garteig made 26 saves in the loss.