FRIDAY, MARCH 29TH & SATURDAY, MARCH 30TH (7:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (41-20-4-2, 88 PTS) vs. Manchester Monarchs (36-27-2-2, 76 PTS)
WATCH: Rogers TV, ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers wrap up the home portion of their 2018-19 Inaugural Season this Friday and Saturday with a pair of games against the Manchester Monarchs, ECHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings. The Growlers are undefeated against the Monarchs this season, sporting a perfect 5-0 record.
This weekend marks Fan Appreciation Weekend, which features promotions, giveaways and special ceremonies celebrating the inaugural season.
Garrett Johnston netted the shootout winner in the 12th round as the Newfoundland Growlers edged the Reading Royals 3-2 Saturday night at the Santander Arena in Reading, Pennsylvania. Marcus Power and Brady Ferguson scored for the Growlers in regulation time. Eamon McAdam was excellent between the pipes for Newfoundland making 42 saves along with stopping 11-of-12 shootout attempts.
Mar. 28: F Gabriel Gagne and D Sam Jardine assigned to Newfoundland
- The Growlers can clinch the North Divison title Friday night with a win, OT/SO loss, or an Adirondack Thunder loss
- Brady Ferguson leads the Growlers in scoring against the Monarchs with eight points in six games
- Garrett Johnston has five points in the last four games
- The Monarchs are on a three-game winning streak
- David Kolomatis is tied for fourth in points by defencemen in the ECHL with 40
- Pierre-Luc Mercier has points in five straight games
March 20th – 5-1 Newfoundland Growlers
Brady Ferguson recorded a three-point night as the Newfoundland Growlers defeated the Manchester Monarchs 5-1, picking up their 40th win of the season. James Melindy, Matt Bradley, Todd Skirving and Giorgio Estephan along with Ferguson scored for the Growlers. Matheson Iacopelli scored the lone Monarchs goal. Michael Garteig made 27 saves in the win.