THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH (9:05 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (32-14-3-0, 67 PTS) vs. Atlanta Gladiators (19-19-7-1, 46 PTS)
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH (8:35 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (32-14-3-0, 67 PTS) vs. South Carolina Stingrays (25-19-4-0, 54 PTS)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH (4:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (32-14-3-0, 67 PTS) vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits (17-30-3-2, 39 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers begin their five-game road trip with a busy weekend that sees the club play three games in four days. Thursday’s matchup against the Gladiators was originally scheduled for Wednesday, but was postponed due to travel delays. This weekend series marks the only time this season the Growlers face off against the Gladiators (Bruins), Stingrays (Capitals) and Swamp Rabbits (no NHL affiliate).
Eamon McAdam could have passed for Superman on Sunday afternoon during Marvel Day at Mile One Centre, stopping all 33 shots he faced as the Newfoundland Growlers blanked the Fort Wayne Komets 1-0 in overtime to wrap up a seven-game homestand. Matt Bradley scored the only goal of the game 1:19 into the extra frame. Former Growler Eric Levine made 31 saves for the Komets.
Feb. 12: D Anthony Cortese traded to Brampton for future considerations.
- The Growlers have points in three straight games
- Matt Bradley is sporting a six-game point streak
- Eamon McAdam has recorded a shutout in two of his last three starts
- The Gladiators are on a 13-game point streak (11-0-2-0)
- Derek Nesbitt leads Atlanta in scoring with 36 points, and played in his 400th ECHL game Friday night
- Nick Bligh has points in five straight games
- The Stingrays are on a three-game losing streak
- Grant Besse is on a four-game goal streak and leads the Stingrays with 21
- Andrew Cherniwchan leads South Carolina in scoring with 47 points
- The Swamp Rabbits have allowed the most goals in the ECHL with 190
- Austen Brassard played 104 games with the St. John’s IceCaps from 2013-2015
- Michael Pelech leads Greenville in scoring with 46 points