FRIDAY, MARCH 15TH & SATURDAY, MARCH 16TH (8:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (39-17-4-1, 83 PTS) vs. Adirondack Thunder (31-22-5-3, 70 PTS)
SUNDAY, MARCH 17TH (4:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (39-17-4-1, 83 PTS) vs. Maine Mariners (33-25-2-1, 69 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers kick off a six-game homestand with a three-in-three through the Northeastern United States beginning Friday night in Glens Falls, New York against the Adirondack Thunder.
Brady Ferguson and Josh Kestner scored only 1:28 apart to tie the game late in the third period, but the Newfoundland Growlers couldn’t complete the comeback dropping a 4-3 shootout heartbreaker to the Orlando Solar Bears Sunday afternoon at Mile One Centre. Kestner also scored in the first period for a two-goal and first-star performance. Troy Bourke led the way for Orlando with the shootout winner to go along with a three-point afternoon.
Mar. 14: F Zach O’Brien returned from Toronto (AHL)
Mar. 13: F Scott Pooley recalled to Toronto (AHL); F Maxim Mizyurin suspended by team.
Mar. 11: F Sam Babintsev suspended by team.
- The Growlers are on a two-game losing streak for only the third time this season
- Josh Kestner has five points in the last three games
- Brady Ferguson has four goals in the last five games
- The Thunder are on a four-game losing streak
- Shane Conacher has four goals in four games against the Growlers this season
- Peter MacArthur has eight points in the last five games
- The Mariners are on a seven-game point streak (5-0-2-0)
- Connor LaCouvee has a 0.958 save percentage over the last three games
- Blake Kessel is the brother of Pittsburgh Penguins star Phil Kessel
Adirondack – January 12th – 3-1 Newfoundland Growlers
Scott Pooley led the way with a pair of goals as the Newfoundland Growlers wrapped up their homestand on a high note, defeating the Adirondack Thunder 3-1 at Mile One Centre. Matt Bradley also scored for the Growlers. Brad Barone turned aside 22 shots in the win.
Maine – January 16th – 2-0 Newfoundland Growlers
Michael Garteig was perfect in his return to the Growlers lineup following a stint in Toronto with the Marlies, turning aside all 28 shots he faced as the Newfoundland Growlers blanked the Maine Mariners 2-0. Giorgio Estephan and Brady Ferguson supplied the offense for the Growlers.