FRIDAY, DECEMBER 28TH & SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29TH (8:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (19-8-1-0, 39 PTS) vs. Reading Royals (14-8-2-4, 34 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers return from their holiday break in Reading, Pennsylvania for a pair of games against the North Division rival Reading Royals. The Growlers are 3-2 against the Royals this season.
A four-goal second period outburst propelled the Newfoundland Growlers to a 4-3 win over the Brampton Beast at the CAA Centre in Brampton, Ontario. Matt Bradley, Ryan Moore, Scott Pooley and Josh Kestner tallied for Newfoundland. Jackson Leef, David Pacan and Anthony Beauregard scored for Brampton. Mario Culina made 37 saves in the win giving him a perfect 5-0 record this season.
Dec. 26: F Griffen Molino recalled to Toronto (AHL). Dec. 20: F Scott Pooley and D Alex Gudbranson recalled to Toronto (AHL).
- The Growlers are on a three-game winning streak
- Ryan Moore has four points in the last three games
- Derian Plouffe has points in five of the last six games
- The Royals have the worst penalty kill in the North Division with a 77.7% kill percentage
- Chris McCarthy has 14 points on his five-game point streak
- Joe Houk has seven assists in the last three games
December 8th – 5-3 Reading Royals
The Newfoundland Growlers suffered a 5-3 defeat to the Reading Royals at Mile One Centre, marking the first time the club has lost back-to-back games. Josh Kestner, Scott Pooley and Griffen Molino tallied for the Growlers in a physical game that saw two fights and a five-minute powerplay for Newfoundland. Alex Krushelnyski and Adam Schmidt had multi-point nights leading the way for the Royals. Michael Garteig made 19 saves.