MONDAY, DECEMBER 31ST (6:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (20-9-1-0, 41 PTS) vs. Adirondack Thunder (17-9-2-2, 38 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers play their final game of 2018 in Glens Falls, New York against the North Division rival Adirondack Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. The Growlers are 1-2 against the Thunder this season.
Marcus Power netted the shootout winner as the Newfoundland Growlers clawed back and erased an early two-goal deficit, defeating the Reading Royals 4-3 Saturday night at the Santander Arena. The game marked the first time the Growlers have went into a shootout this season. Power, Zach O’Brien and Alex Gudbranson scored in regulation time for the Growlers. Joe Houk, Adam Schmidt and Alex Roos scored for the Royals. Michael Garteig made 29 saves along with stopping 4-of-5 shootout attempts.
Dec. 28: G Brad Barone and D Garrett Johnston signed to contracts.
- The Growlers have scored the most goals in the North Division with 113
- Alex Gudbranson scored his first goal of the season Saturday in Reading
- Matt Bradley is sporting an eight-game point streak
- The Thunder have allowed the fewest goals in the North Division with 84
- Matt Salhany has back-to-back multi-point games
- Kelly Summers is sporting a three-game point streak
October 30th – 5-1 Adirondack Thunder
The Adirondack Thunder scored early and often as they cruised their way to a 5-1 victory over the Newfoundland Growlers at the Cool Insurance Arena in Glenns Falls, New York. The Thunder had their five goals from five different skaters, while James Henry added three assists. Giorgio Estephan scored on the power play for the only Growlers tally. Michael Garteig made 30 saves in the loss.