TUESDAY, JANUARY 8TH & WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9TH (7 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (21-11-1-0, 43 PTS) vs. Maine Mariners (19-13-0-1, 39 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers continue their six-game January homestand with a pair of mid-week games against the Maine Mariners, ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers. The two clubs have squared off three times this season, with the Growlers having the 2-1 series edge.
Zach O’Brien led the way with a hat-trick as the Newfoundland Growlers melted the Jacksonville Icemen 5-1 Saturday night at Mile One Centre. Marcus Power chipped in with a goal and two helpers, and Maxim Mizyurin netted his first professional goal to round out the offense. Maxime Fortier had the lone Icemen goal. Eric Levine made 28 saves picking up the win in his Growlers debut.
- The Growlers have scored the most and allowed the fewest goals in the North Division
- Emerson Clark served his two-game suspension against the Icemen and is eligible to return to the lineup
- Marcus Power has seven points in the last five games
- The Mariners are 7-3 in their last 10 games
- Ty Ronning is on a seven-game point streak (3G, 5A)
- Morgan Adams-Moisan has four goals in the last four games
December 12th, 2018 – 5-2 Newfoundland Growlers
A three-point night from Zach O’Brien propelled the Newfoundland Growlers to a 5-2 win over the Maine Mariners at Mile One Centre in the last home game of 2018. Adam Pardy, Marcus Power, Stefan LeBlanc and Scott Pooley also supplied goals for the Growlers. Giorgio Estephan had a pair of assists. Mario Culina made 31 saves in the win.