FRIDAY, JANUARY 18TH & SATURDAY, JANUARY 19TH (8:35 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (26-11-1-0, 53 PTS) vs. Worcester Railers (16-16-3-2, 37 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers roll into Worcester, Massachusetts riding a six-game winning streak for a pair of weekend matchups against the Worcester Railers, ECHL affiliate of the New York Islanders. These are the final two games before the ECHL All-Star break, where Giorgio Estephan will represent the Growlers at the 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic hosted by the Toledo Walleye.
Michael Garteig was perfect in his return to the Growlers lineup following a stint in Toronto with the Marlies, turning aside all 28 shots he faced as the Newfoundland Growlers blanked the Maine Mariners 2-0. Giorgio Estephan and Brady Ferguson supplied the offense for the Growlers.
Jan. 17: D Timothy Liljegren returned to Toronto (AHL) from conditioning stint; G. Eric Levine claimed off waivers by Fort Wayne. Jan. 16: G Brad Barone and G Eric Levine placed on waivers.
- The Growlers have the fifth-best power play in the ECHL (20.7%)
- Michael Garteig has a 0.945 save percentage over his last three starts
- Kristians Rubins and Scott Pooley are the only Growlers to skate in all 38 games this season
- The Railers have won three straight games
- Matthew Gaudreau has goals in back-to-back games, and is the brother of Calgary Flames star Johnny Gaudreau
- Bo Brauer has three points in three games since joining the Railers
November 7th, 2018 – 5-2 Newfoundland Growlers
Brady Ferguson led the way with a three-point night as the Newfoundland Growlers defeated the Worcester Railers 5-2 at Mile One Centre. Josh Kestner, J.J. Piccinich, Marcus Power, and Giorgio Estephan along with Ferguson tallied for the Growlers. Mario Culina made 15 saves in his Mile One Centre debut.