2019 KELLY CUP PLAYOFFS – ROUND 1
Newfoundland Growlers (1st North) vs. Brampton Beast (4th North)
Newfoundland leads series 2-0
GAME 3: Tuesday, April 16th (8:45 PM NST) – CAA Centre
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers continue their quest for the Kelly Cup Tuesday evening in Brampton, Ontario for game three of the best-of-seven North Division Semifinals against the Brampton Beast, ECHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators.
Brady Ferguson scored just 18 seconds into overtime as the Newfoundland Growlers tamed the Brampton Beast 2-1 Saturday night at Mile One Centre to take a 2-0 series lead. Semyon Der-Arguchintsev opened the scoring in the second period to mark his first professional playoff goal. Daniel Ciampini scored at 1:12 of the third period for the lone Beast tally. Michael Garteig made 22 saves in the win. Etienne Marcoux made 40 saves and received first-star honours despite the loss.
- The Growlers have scored first in both games of the series
- Michael Garteig leads all ECHL netminders with a 0.964 save percentage and 1.00 goals against average through two games
- Brady Ferguson, Scott Pooley and Giorgio Estephan each have a point in both games
- The Beast were 2-5 at home against the Growlers during the regular season
- Jonathan Racine leads the playoffs in minor penalties with four
- Etienne Marcoux has a career record of 0-6 in the playoffs