WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20TH (8:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (39-19-4-2, 84 PTS) vs. Manchester Monarchs (33-26-2-2, 70 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers look to get back in the win column and end their franchise-high five-game losing streak with a mid-week matchup against the Manchester Monarchs, ECHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings. The Growlers have dominated the Monarchs this season, sporting a perfect 4-0 record.
Evan Neugold looked to have netted the shootout winner in the 11th round, but a controversial call by the officials to wave it off resulted in the Newfoundland Growlers dropping a 5-4 18-round shootout heartbreaker to the Maine Mariners Sunday afternoon at the Cross Insurance Arena. Brady Ferguson netted a pair of goals, while Tyler Mayea with his first pro goal and Josh Kestner also chipped in for Newfoundland. Eamon McAdam made 35 saves along with 13 in the shootout.
- The Growlers are 17-9-3-1 on the road
- Josh Kestner has points in six straight games
- Brady Ferguson and Giorgio Estephan lead the Growlers in points against the Monarchs with five
- The Monarchs have points in eight of their last 10 games
- Nic Pierog is coming off a four-goal performance Sunday against Worcester
- David Kolomatis leads all North Division defensemen in points with 39
November 10th, 2018 – 3-0 Newfoundland Growlers
Michael Garteig was perfect between the pipes, stopping all 44 shots he faced picking up the first shutout in franchise history as the Newfoundland Growlers blanked the Manchester Monarchs 3-0 at Mile One Centre. Ryan Moore had a pair of goals, while Zach O’Brien had a pair of assists.