FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND (8:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (5-5-0-0, 10 PTS) vs. Manchester Monarchs (4-3-0-1, 9 PTS)
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD (8:35 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (5-5-0-0, 10 PTS) vs. Worcester Railers (3-3-0-0, 6 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV LISTEN: mixlr.com/nlgrowlers
The Newfoundland Growlers wrap up their eight-game road trip with stops in Manchester, New Hampshire and Worcester, Massachusetts. The Growlers are an even 3-3 on the trip so far.
The Adirondack Thunder scored early and often as they cruised their way to a 5-1 victory over the Newfoundland Growlers Tuesday night at the Cool Insurance Arena in Glenns Falls, New York. The Thunder had their five goals from five different skaters, while James Henry added three assists to keep his title as the leading scorer in the ECHL. Giorgio Estephan scored on the power play for the only Growlers tally. Michael Garteig made 30 saves in the loss.
- The Growlers have alternated wins and losses through the first 10 games
- Giorgio Estephan is tied for the league lead in goals with 7
- Brady Ferguson has three points in the last four games
- The Monarchs are on a two-game winning streak
- Tony Cameranesi has a point in all 8 Monarchs games this season, and 5 goals in the last 5 games
- Nick Moutrey is on a five-game point streak where he has 8 points (2G, 6A)
- The Railers have played the fewest games in the North Division this season with 6
- Railers Captain Mike Cornell played 15 games for the St. John’s IceCaps during the 2014-15 season
- Nick Bligh has four points in the last four games
Manchester - October 19th – 4-1 Newfoundland Growlers
Michael Garteig was near perfect turning aside 38-of-39 shots he faced and the Growlers received offense from four different goal scorers as the Newfoundland Growlers edged the Manchester Monarchs 4-1. Derian Plouffe and Marcus Power netted their first pro tallies. Scott Pooley and Giorgio Estephan also scored for Newfoundland. Nic Pierog had the lone Monarchs goal.